Press release – 23 February 2015
Shimmy Beach Club is known for hosting Cape Town’s biggest parties during summer. However, the multi-functional venue is also ideal for corporate use for day conferences, business meetings, glitzy launch parties or entertaining clients due to its clever layout and versatile breakaway rooms, decks and lounges.
Shimmy, centrally located in the V&A Waterfront harbour, near the CTICC, boasts two private meeting rooms, an elegant 220-seater restaurant, a lounge, pool decks, two VIP decks as well as a private beach and stage overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and can host anything from 20 to 1600 people.
The ideal spaces at Shimmy Beach Club for a meeting or conference are:
- Lounge – Capacity 250 standing; 80 seated. Includes 3-meter white screen and projector; roaming microphone; sound system; background music; lighting
- Whiskey Room – Capacity 20-seater boardroom table, with AV equipment.
- Restaurant – 220-seater. Screens available, can be set up to accommodate stage and live entertainment
- VIP Room – Capacity 40 pax. 20-seater boardroom table with lounge suite, private bar and toilet and shower facilities, full AV and sound.
- VIP deck with spectacular views – maximum 30 people
- Lounge Deck – Capacity 100 standing and 80 seated
- Entire venue sole use – 1600 people
In order to service its corporate clients, Shimmy has introduced a Day Conference package starting at R343pp including tea/coffee breaks, a 3-course lunch, water, home-made cordial and standard AV equipment in either the Whiskey Room or VIP Room.
After a long conference, Shimmy is the perfect place to relax with a drink or casual meal on the Pool Deck with spectacular views; or to party until late when our resident DJ’s play signature Ibiza-style music.
Download the Shimmy Beach Club App
Issued by Shimmy Beach Club
Lisa Carey, Marketing Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 021 200 7778
About Shimmy Beach Club
Shimmy Beach Club is South Africa’s premier lifestyle destination venue. Guests dine in a spectacular beachfront setting, idling away the hours in exclusive lounges, decks, VIP areas and a restaurant, with Table Mountain as a backdrop. Voted one of the world’s top ten beach venues, Shimmy is the perfect place for everything from a simple family get-together, to exclusive conferences and elaborate events, owing to its clever layout and versatile decks, breakaway rooms and lounges. During Shimmy’s summer campaign, “Summer Calling” weekends are filled with top DJ’s creating the best parties in Cape Town. www.shimmybeachclub.co.za