1 June 2015
Shimmy Beach Club, voted Cape Town’s hottest club by Zomato, will host a Studio 54 themed party in the club on 15 June 2015, brought to you by Windermere Traditional Crafted Cider.
Studio 54, frequented by film stars and celebrities in the 70’s is said to be the most famous club of all time. Michael Jackson, Rod Stewart and Andy Warhol, Mick Jagger, Liza Minelli, Dolly Parton, Diana Ross…you name it.
- Date: 15 June 2015
- Time: Boogie from 9pm till late
- Theme: Inspired by Studio 54, come dressed in 1970’s club glamour. Think sequins, glitter, big hair, glam. Prizes for the best dressed.
- Entrance is free
Fun facts about Studio 54 Nightclub
- The wild success of the club is said to be Studio 54’s rule for a good party: Invite guests more interesting than you
- Dress code was “Glamour only”
- Opened in 1977 for just 33 months and made $7million in first year
- Bianca Jagger rode a white horse through the club on her 30th birthday
- Owner Steve Rubell once gave Andy Warhol a bin full of money for birthday
For inspiration on the dress code, visit:
Studio 54 (wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_54
Issued by Shimmy Beach Club
Lisa Carey, Marketing Manager,