Cape Town’s hottest lifestyle destination, Shimmy Beach Club, is excited to announce that they will be hosting ‘Straight Up & Toasted’ – a cigar & cognac evening, in partnership with Hennessy VSOP Privilège, during this year’s Mining Indaba. This premier party venue balances the style of international party life and the laid-back atmosphere of Cape Town, making it a stylish venue to rival Ibiza’s beach club scenes.
The local jazz trio from UCT’s Music College, ‘Jazz Between Friends’, featuring a saxophone, guitar and double base, will set the mood for the evening.
Join us for a complimentary Hennessy VSOP Privilège, tasting between 6 and 9pm. Take the opportunity to learn more about this 200 year old brand. Today Hennessy VSOP has established itself as the world’s best-selling VSOP cognac, recognised and celebrated for its harmonious and well-structured blend.
And treat yourself to one of the exquisite ‘3 C’s’ options.
This decadent dessert box consists of:
- A chocolate cigar – a crisp chocolate tuile filled with smoked chocolate mousse served with shavings
- Three chocolate truffles –decadent bite-sized truffles in white, dark and milk flavour.
- A thick and rich Hennessy hot chocolate drink
- A serving of Hennessy Cognac – choose from XO or VSOP Privilège.
- Served with Hennessy VSOP – R145 / Served with Hennessy XO – R265
The savoury box is paired to the flavour profiles of the Hennessy:
- Sliced Beef fillet on charred spinach with Madagascan peppercorn and Hennessy jus
- Sliced Duck breast on truffle porcini risotto with honey glazed beetroot
- Seared sesame crusted Salmon on beetroot & potato rosti with rocket and smoked egg aioli
- Served with Hennessy VSOP – R150 / Served with Hennessy XO – R270
There will be a luxury assortment of cigars available for sale, and a cigar expert on hand to engage in educationals on these exclusive products.
Venue: Heineken Deck
Date: Wednesday, 8 February 2017
Time: 18:00 – 21:00
Costing: Complimentary Admission
Strictly No Under 18’s Allowed