Jasmine Thompson, James Hersey & Flic Flac at Shimmy Beach Club
Media Release – 4 Mar 2016
Shimmy Beach Club, South Africa’s premier lifestyle venue, is ending off summer in style with a sensational music event – Summer Waves – featuring three international DJs, on Sunday 17 April 2016.
International acts Jasmine Thompson (UK), FlicFlac (Germany) and James Hersey (Austria) headline Summer Waves at Shimmy. Get ready to celebrate the end of another gorgeous South African summer at the perfect tropical outdoor venue and the home of Cape Town house music.
Here are the TOP 10 reasons to really get excited for SummerWaves!!
- Say goodbye to summer with a HOT party!
- Incredible live entertainment with headliners Jasmine Thompson, FlicFlac and James Hersey.
- Cocktails on the beach, especially Shimmy’s frozen cocktails!
- Views of the Atlantic Ocean and harbour.
- Gorgeous seaside stage.
- Delicious sushi, burgers, and pizzas – YUMMY!
- VIP seating in exclusive couch pockets with waiter service. Party in style!
- It’s Sunday and you’re in Cape Town… life is already awesome, so make it unforgettable at SummerWaves!
- Your friends want to go…
- Who needs any more reasons to have fun, so make #10 your own reason you want to be there!
Jasmine Thompson is well-known for featuring on the Robin Schulz hit ‘Sun Goes Down’, Felix Jaehns‘Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better)’andis currently dominating radio with the single ‘Fast Car’.Watch the video for ‘Robin Schulz feat Jasmine Thompson – Sun Goes Down’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo4cmTaEDIk
Tropical House DJ FlicFlac (from Germany) is best known for the remix of Vance Joy’s hit single Riptide remix along with remixing Milky Chance’s ‘Stolen Dance’.Listen to the Vance Joy ‘Riptide’ remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5l4r2eh0Q
The local line-up includes Pop Art Live, an upcoming live electronic outfit form Johannesburg. Since their inception Pop Art has played on almost every major line-up in the country such as Rocking the Daises and Oppikoppi. Thank Me Later, Gareth Kenward, Jet Treger and Blanka Mazimela, have all comfortably solidified their place in the Cape Town house scene, having played major festivals including Goldfish’s Submerged Sundays and the highly acclaimed Ultra South Africa.
Tickets are on sale now from R95 pp available online at http://www.summerwaves.co.za
SummerWaves – Cape Town
Date: Sunday,17 April 2016
Download Shimmy App: